Skip to main content

Intense Moisture Retention For Natural Hair Growth. Simple & Highly Effective. LCO Routine For Low Porosity Hair.


Intense hydration for unruly natural hair. I promise it works wonders.

Minimal and sustainable hair routine for hair growth ヅ


Natural hair Ingredients:

Rosemary ~ i recommend getting these from small business markets in your local high street,

you know the markets that have all the fruit! I start by breaking off the rosemary into a jar,

add warm water and leave it in an environment that is room temperature.

The longer it is infused, the more effective rosemary benefits will active your hair

Warm water ~ especially if you have low porosity hair! I promise you girl, watch the shine in your hair.

Peppermint or Tea tree ~ according to healthline it has amazing scalp benefits such as aiding itchiness, dryness, anti-inflammatory and much more. 

Your favourite leave-in ~ I'm using JBCO Shea moisture because it just slaps for me.

Light oil ~ LCO sealant for locking the moisture in and increasing softness of the hair shaft.



So why rosemary water? Why not rosemary oil?

Well, I believe that rosemary takes more when collided with water, a natural element of moisture.

That water allows the passage of those benefits to the hair shaft.


Rosemary is commonly tried and tested, as well as used in ancient hair traditions in

locations such as Africa and Asia.


For this they use it to promote healthy hair growth, eliminate dandruff, reduce shedding, promote a healthy clean scalp that is free of inflammation,

reduced itchiness on the scalp, healthy shine and smoothes/calms the hair shafts.

Our dear friend Rosemary ensures that there is enough blood circulation going on to promote

hair growth.


A little goes a long way, for the girls who get it.I myself have low porosity hair and fine hair shafts, it’s important I don’t coat my hair

with products and use more water, and that’s daily.


Every time I enter the black beauty supply store it’s everything and nostalgia from when

I was a little girl, it was a magical feeling, wanting all those hair products,

wanting to look like those pretty girls on the relaxer boxes.


However once I gain consciousness I realise more than ever that a lot of these products

don't truthfully grow your natural hair but more time cause inflammation to our scalp.

There's no need for all the types of products we slap on our natural hair when we know that

the main source of moisture is water😭


WATER WATER WATER !! 💆🏽 I can’t stress this enough.

Water, water, water is key for a fabulous black girl's hair, growing hair.

Water is the most powerful, effective source of moisture for our hair.

It’s hard to hear especially when you've been taught and told that water causes problems

such as tangles and mess and shrinkage for our hair.

However, I think it’s time to grow up, we shouldn't be ashamed or scared of water touching

and nurturing our hair.


THE ACTUAL ROUTINE 🗣

I always start off with spritzing my hair with rosemary water that I leave infused over time.

Making sure the water is warm is key as low porosity hair is my hair type. Now being gentle

with how you handle your curly hair is another key element to having healthy growing hair.

Squeezing in the water to my hair shafts is something I enjoy doing, being that low porosity

strands are disobedient.


Following up with my favourite leave-in conditioner at the moment,

Shea moisture Jamaican Black castor Oil, not only is it very light weight on my hair,

but the smoothness I get is impeccable. I couldn't ask for anything better.


Finally, using the LCO method is the oil. Low porosity girls please don't do too much with

the oil and remember, a little goes a long way. Rubbing over or twisting the ends of your twists

or plaits is something I recommend. But keeping the ends of your hair moisturised and

being attentive to them is one of the OG strategies to promote healthy, consistent hair growth.


Anyone with natural hair should be aware that the hair industry is a billion dollar industry

and so we need to ensure that what we are putting on our hair, scalp is as natural and moisture

rich as possible. 


Check out this simple and effective 6 minute natural hair routine for intense moisture. 


Now lovely, this routine has made my hair flourish in health and shine, natural is
better always. I don't think I could spend hundreds of pounds on natural hair products again but I do think you should try out this afro hair routine.

The aim of this article is to inform all the other fabulous black girls out there that keeping your scalp clean and clear of all toxic “natural” hair products, less is more, is probably one of the best natural hair mottos.

I find that doing  this routine every 2-3 days through the week not only helps my natural

unruly afro hair thrive and learn to be tamed, I notice that I no longer suffer with terribly

itchy scalps which sends me over the moon, having a healthy scalp is crucial as

that’s where the hair is coming out from!


FINAL THOUGHTS ❤️

I believe this routine is wonderful for type 4 hair, high porosity hair, I would love to

hear your thoughts on your top products for black hair.

For extra love and care for your hair, use this spray for daily use also ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifting is the new black, sharing is caring, reusing is soothing 💕 Fast fashion says alot about your mindset👀

As a child, you know that first hand embarrassment you get when your mum drags you to the charity shops or market straight after school, just in case you saw any of your friends and got labelled negatively. From then I had such a negative connotation of second hand clothes and thought negatively about myself at the time too, I was a teenager and I hadn't learnt that lesson. As a young beautiful adult, I now take pride in sharing clothes, passing them down and visiting markets and charity stores. My family have been doing so for decades upon decades and I feel grateful to have this mindset and belief that thrifting is the new black and it is here to stay. Therefore, nothing is entirely wrong with charity shopping, thrifting, purchasing second hand clothes.  In fact, I believe it shows us the kind of mindsets we have going around. Its worrying actually, it has a sense of being careless, soulless, empty. I'm not here to blame, but from outside the box I can say that the social con...

Healthy, progressive and efficient language learning methods for overall self-development.

  Consider learning a second language for your own personal benefit, but make it fun. Gorgeous gorgeous girls expand their knowledge, find new ways to assert themselves, study, implement new and disciplined routines. If you’re that girl who loves culture, language and people this blog is for you ❤️ Whether it’s occurring from an academic perspective, trying to expand your education, or from a more creative perspective of testing yourselves, one of the top reasons to learn a language is for self-development. Nowadays, having another language gives you a much wider pool of opportunity. You could work with an international company, clients, or even get a base in another country. Without further ado .. 💁🏽 My tips for a language learning study plan Immersion is arguably the most effective way to learn a language. You should surround yourself with the language and listen to it, as much as you can. Immersion-based learning is indeed the most natural way to pick up new words, phrases, a...

Let’s get into it: Impulsivity and codependency and how it dismantles our daily lives & maintenance.

Codependent relationships tend to be one-sided, casting one person in the role of constant caregiver. Usually this stems around those that are close to you such as family as it is easy to develop unhealthy boundaries for yourself with their presence.  In the time being, I don't want you to feel as though you can't heal or it won't go away or as though you were a loser. There's no failures here baby, just lessons and growth. At some point you have to do the healing to get past but that's nothing unless you have that awareness.   Codependents have problems receiving the good stuff that relationships can potentially offer such as having trouble accepting love. You may not be a caretaker, however there are those who may find it hard to listen to others without trying to help or rescue them. When you start to feel a little guilty or responsible, just know that that’s codependency paying you a visit. So what does a codependent relationship of any sort look like?  Typicall...