Skip to main content

Setting It Straight For New Years 2023 | Lunar New Years And Healthy Traditions

 

Background with a spiritual flair

The Lunar New Year (moon cycle) traditionally marks the start of a new cycle of sowing or farming activities, mainly in China. It is also referred to as The Spring Festival or Chinese New Year.


DATE: SUNDAY JAN 22 2023 


How beautiful is it that we can set intentions, cast manifestations, learn and grow to develop. Whoever and wherever you are in the world, new years, lunar new years – would you agree that a new year is necessary for a change in our lives?






What to do culturally – some brief ideas


It is important we don't forget who we are. That we are in fact a global people but each unique..


  • Support and share art work virtually (your friends too👁), attend exhibitions which showcases art that can expand your mind.

  • Sparklers with your loved ones

  • Communal meals that represent the black diaspora – PS: I need to try some Ethiopian food 😭

  • Understand and admire African traditional performances. Learn of some history & powerful leaders who speak truth.

  • Short courses or lectures on history and various cultures outside your own. Exploring many of the mother tongues, as of 2022, Africa has 2,000 langues, the continent of Africa is expanding expeditiously 



True say that if the lunar new year encourages as well as teaches change, sure it is very much necessary and a favourite to people globally. It even persuades people to make lovely, fun and positively daring promises. That's too cute ✨such a cute global tradition. 



What makes the New Year so special ?

Firstly, i believe we should hold gratitude to the fact that you survived an entire year. What a blessing.


We survived the previous year through thick and thin, heartbreak and ache, lessons and losses, and any other obstacle you can think of. The end goal is that weve come out stronger and better as a person. 


From mourning lost ones to welcoming new life into the world, the most important thing to remember is that you have withstood all of these difficult times and prepared a warrior of yourself.


  1. Improving yourself ` For the coming year, we want to become happier, healthier. Therefore, we must promise to work towards small changes with ourselves, internal and external work which is just as important. It’s not cool if we are the same person, going back on ourselves or not elevating your potential. ``I choose to do and be better,  how about you ?


  1. New me, means new Chapter` Forgive yourself then start a new clean plate. This plate will be served on the basis of good health. In other terms, useful examples such as finding new, meaningful work instead of getting comfortable in the job you dont enjoy or don't see yourself growing.


  1. Not accepting negative energy and behaviour. It’s NOT the time


  1. Working towards putting a stop to those generational curses 


  1. Getting comfortable and confident in saying “these are my boundaries and they are not up for discussion.


Final thoughts

This year, my vibe is “somebody else can do it”, i'm not having it ❤️The upcoming year gives you an opportunity for fresh starts. This is what makes the lunar new year so special and unique. This specific attribute really does set New Year apart from other celebrations.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifting is the new black, sharing is caring, reusing is soothing 💕 Fast fashion says alot about your mindset👀

As a child, you know that first hand embarrassment you get when your mum drags you to the charity shops or market straight after school, just in case you saw any of your friends and got labelled negatively. From then I had such a negative connotation of second hand clothes and thought negatively about myself at the time too, I was a teenager and I hadn't learnt that lesson. As a young beautiful adult, I now take pride in sharing clothes, passing them down and visiting markets and charity stores. My family have been doing so for decades upon decades and I feel grateful to have this mindset and belief that thrifting is the new black and it is here to stay. Therefore, nothing is entirely wrong with charity shopping, thrifting, purchasing second hand clothes.  In fact, I believe it shows us the kind of mindsets we have going around. Its worrying actually, it has a sense of being careless, soulless, empty. I'm not here to blame, but from outside the box I can say that the social con...

Healthy, progressive and efficient language learning methods for overall self-development.

  Consider learning a second language for your own personal benefit, but make it fun. Gorgeous gorgeous girls expand their knowledge, find new ways to assert themselves, study, implement new and disciplined routines. If you’re that girl who loves culture, language and people this blog is for you ❤️ Whether it’s occurring from an academic perspective, trying to expand your education, or from a more creative perspective of testing yourselves, one of the top reasons to learn a language is for self-development. Nowadays, having another language gives you a much wider pool of opportunity. You could work with an international company, clients, or even get a base in another country. Without further ado .. 💁🏽 My tips for a language learning study plan Immersion is arguably the most effective way to learn a language. You should surround yourself with the language and listen to it, as much as you can. Immersion-based learning is indeed the most natural way to pick up new words, phrases, a...

Let’s Talk Sinking Funds – Staying True To Your Goals + Staying Focused

  Life can be crazy and take the maddest of turns, reality can flip 2x in the blink of an eye and heart beat. So we have to make sure we enjoy it, experience it, stay prepared for it or staying ahead. If you want to design your own future keep reading! Today’s blog will be around sinking funds and an update where I am with my sinking funds. At the start of the year I believe I mentioned it in one of my blogs that I wanted to start taking finances alot my seriously, and that meant being more serious with my hard earned money and putting it towards experiences, and things that align with my values. I was a ‘I enjoy capitalism baby and I loved splurging all of my money on makeup, clothes and shoes. When I quickly came to realise primarily during Covid that this isn't it, this can not be my life!  This was when i came across this verse of the bible;  James 4:4 You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who ...