Skip to main content

Grounding yourself for the new year, 2023 and getting a clearer direction to the most high


Hello & peace and love to you all, love is on your side. So cherish it as we come into the beginning of new blessings. Let’s wrap the year up!


On a journey of pure grounding, I would appreciate it if we focused on our inhales, exhales and physical space. 


2022 has taken, shown and given a lot. I'm ready to put it in my backpack and slang it. I don’t plan on making the same mistakes twice ever. Instead I am here to grow into something much more beautiful 💖


see clear, be clear, let’s be clear now.

This brings me to the importance of being clear with what you want. I continuously work on being as clear as I can, as a woman sometimes it’s not that simple 🌚

Without clarity on your goals, it’s easier for you to lose focus of what you want. When you formulate goals and begin the idea stage, a lot of confusion can come with that, or we complicate it too much and fall off track for what we really set out to do.


what is grounding oneself exactly?

In times of stress, overwhelming feelings, and/or intense anxiety, grounding is a self-soothing technique you can use to manage your emotions.


what is grounding oneself exactly?

In times of stress, overwhelming feelings, and/or intense anxiety, grounding is a self-soothing technique you can use to manage your emotions.


✨I use grounding to get clear on my goals for the following 3 months ahead.

✨To stay on target with my goals, internal and spiritual

✨Determine my book of law instead of the system imposed one

✨Let go of situations, feelings that don’t align with me


why pursue grounding work?

Grounding is a technique that helps keep you in the present and helps change focus to the here-and-now (to reality!). This also contributes to being able to come clear with your goals. I like to see it as getting grounded through the most high.


grounding looks like:

  • early morning walks

  • say my strengths out loud

  • avoid music on your walks/until noon

  • turn your phone off & put it away

  • set aside time for social media

  • writing your thoughts and feelings to reflect

  • note down favourite qualities

  • limiting screen time  


new year, new goals

It’s imperative to set goals for the beginning of the year, no question. Let’s really put ourselves in focus and turn things around.I’m that girl who enjoys organising, prioritising and staying on top of my priorities and ideas.


Be as realistic as possible for minimal disappointment, start small if you have to and build gradually. Once you begin to lean into your discipline and grow your trust, expand your goals to challenge yourself.

I find that it’s also good for tracking progress along the way. I enjoy being flexible about my goals, I don’t aspire to be harsh on myself. Instead I can move these prioritised options around throughout the year and stay forgiving myself.

Final thoughts

January is tough for many people, not only does it drag on but everyone is broke from christmas. This is a great way of taking an opportunity to challenge yourself 

this new year. It’s not about spending or having to, we can enjoy ourselves humbly the way we want and get more value from it. 


What traditions will you start to normalise on New Years?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifting is the new black, sharing is caring, reusing is soothing 💕 Fast fashion says alot about your mindset👀

As a child, you know that first hand embarrassment you get when your mum drags you to the charity shops or market straight after school, just in case you saw any of your friends and got labelled negatively. From then I had such a negative connotation of second hand clothes and thought negatively about myself at the time too, I was a teenager and I hadn't learnt that lesson. As a young beautiful adult, I now take pride in sharing clothes, passing them down and visiting markets and charity stores. My family have been doing so for decades upon decades and I feel grateful to have this mindset and belief that thrifting is the new black and it is here to stay. Therefore, nothing is entirely wrong with charity shopping, thrifting, purchasing second hand clothes.  In fact, I believe it shows us the kind of mindsets we have going around. Its worrying actually, it has a sense of being careless, soulless, empty. I'm not here to blame, but from outside the box I can say that the social con...

Healthy, progressive and efficient language learning methods for overall self-development.

  Consider learning a second language for your own personal benefit, but make it fun. Gorgeous gorgeous girls expand their knowledge, find new ways to assert themselves, study, implement new and disciplined routines. If you’re that girl who loves culture, language and people this blog is for you ❤️ Whether it’s occurring from an academic perspective, trying to expand your education, or from a more creative perspective of testing yourselves, one of the top reasons to learn a language is for self-development. Nowadays, having another language gives you a much wider pool of opportunity. You could work with an international company, clients, or even get a base in another country. Without further ado .. 💁🏽 My tips for a language learning study plan Immersion is arguably the most effective way to learn a language. You should surround yourself with the language and listen to it, as much as you can. Immersion-based learning is indeed the most natural way to pick up new words, phrases, a...

Let’s Talk Sinking Funds – Staying True To Your Goals + Staying Focused

  Life can be crazy and take the maddest of turns, reality can flip 2x in the blink of an eye and heart beat. So we have to make sure we enjoy it, experience it, stay prepared for it or staying ahead. If you want to design your own future keep reading! Today’s blog will be around sinking funds and an update where I am with my sinking funds. At the start of the year I believe I mentioned it in one of my blogs that I wanted to start taking finances alot my seriously, and that meant being more serious with my hard earned money and putting it towards experiences, and things that align with my values. I was a ‘I enjoy capitalism baby and I loved splurging all of my money on makeup, clothes and shoes. When I quickly came to realise primarily during Covid that this isn't it, this can not be my life!  This was when i came across this verse of the bible;  James 4:4 You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who ...