Skip to main content

The Truth About Being In Your 20's And Having No Friends | 2022 Update

 


The truth about being in your 20's and having no friends, let's get into it.


The pandemic caused such a huge shift in a our friendships, you could say both for the better and worse. And I know you felt it too 😭. 


During the pandemic, it showed us the people we feel we value and who we think will keep us strong, physically, mentally and psychologically. Friendships or friend spaces are never moving in a straight line, the principle if rhythm is what I refer to.




In our 20s, we are in the process of establishing ourselves in the professional world. We are also figuring out who we are and what we want out of life.


With all these things to juggle, it is no wonder that friends don't seem like a priority.


I came to notice that there are very few personalities that can be truly okay with having little to no social interaction.


Back to life, back to reality ✨

But that's not the only reason why people lose friends in their 20s. There is also the reality of real life - practicality and finances. You might not have time to hang out with your friends because you have a job or you're too busy with other commitments like your family or school work.

We lose friends because of the reality that life is not always happy or perfect. We grow up and our priorities change, sometimes without even noticing it happening.

Social media can make it easy for people to keep in touch with friends but also makes it harder for them to actually get together in person. However, now more than people feel very alone. So, Does social media actually bring us together ?

People can easily see what other people are doing on social media so they don't feel like they need to meet up with them in person anymore since they know what is happening with them all the time anyways.


The era of social decline😭


As people are more and more drawn to their own screens, it is becoming increasingly difficult for them to focus on the people around them. This has led to a decrease in social integration and increase in individualism.

The increasing use of mobile devices, the expansion of social media, and the rise of individualism are all factors that contribute to this trend. For example, social media has given people a platform for self-expression which can lead to less desire for human interaction.

Networking is a huge way of life, but even now it's harder than ever. There are people who are very much obsessed with the idea and of networking" that they now only see other people as tools.

Along with social decline we notice no care for humanity of people, everything for gain and gain only

We've all been there when a friendship starts to go sour. A friend is hardly ever perfect. Sometimes there are things that just don't click 🤷🏽‍♀️

It’s okay to take time out from friendships and work on yourself


In other words, it’s okay to let friendships fade out. Although you may feel guilty picking and choosing your circle if it means fading out on friends, it’s not necessarily a bad thing. There’s value in curating that network of friends and acquaintances of your own volition. 


Not everyone can fit into your current friendscape. That was quite literally the case in the age of lockdowns and social distancing.

There is one thing that can help you maintain friendships as you get older - being serious about friendship management. It means taking responsibility for your friendships and making an effort to see friends on a regular basis, even if they don't live nearby or have the same interests as you do.


Reasons you have “no friends” 


  • You have a career goal

  • School and college, I’m over it!

  • Discovering the real life

  • Behaviour changes

  • Priorities are different now, PERIOD!

  • Valuing your privacy because I’m an introvert

  • No interest anymore, I have work to do



Final thoughts

It’s not uncommon for people to lose friends in their 20s. That’s because, at that age, we are all focused on managing our lives and careers. We are trying to find our place in the world, so it becomes difficult to maintain relationships with people who don’t share the same interests or priorities.


"Rafael Santandreu" People just need two things in order to be happy: food to eat and somewhere to sleep. Any other need is an artificial need. 


Do you need friends to be happy? Please share your thoughts 👭


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifting is the new black, sharing is caring, reusing is soothing 💕 Fast fashion says alot about your mindset👀

As a child, you know that first hand embarrassment you get when your mum drags you to the charity shops or market straight after school, just in case you saw any of your friends and got labelled negatively. From then I had such a negative connotation of second hand clothes and thought negatively about myself at the time too, I was a teenager and I hadn't learnt that lesson. As a young beautiful adult, I now take pride in sharing clothes, passing them down and visiting markets and charity stores. My family have been doing so for decades upon decades and I feel grateful to have this mindset and belief that thrifting is the new black and it is here to stay. Therefore, nothing is entirely wrong with charity shopping, thrifting, purchasing second hand clothes.  In fact, I believe it shows us the kind of mindsets we have going around. Its worrying actually, it has a sense of being careless, soulless, empty. I'm not here to blame, but from outside the box I can say that the social con...

Healthy, progressive and efficient language learning methods for overall self-development.

  Consider learning a second language for your own personal benefit, but make it fun. Gorgeous gorgeous girls expand their knowledge, find new ways to assert themselves, study, implement new and disciplined routines. If you’re that girl who loves culture, language and people this blog is for you ❤️ Whether it’s occurring from an academic perspective, trying to expand your education, or from a more creative perspective of testing yourselves, one of the top reasons to learn a language is for self-development. Nowadays, having another language gives you a much wider pool of opportunity. You could work with an international company, clients, or even get a base in another country. Without further ado .. 💁🏽 My tips for a language learning study plan Immersion is arguably the most effective way to learn a language. You should surround yourself with the language and listen to it, as much as you can. Immersion-based learning is indeed the most natural way to pick up new words, phrases, a...

Let’s Talk Sinking Funds – Staying True To Your Goals + Staying Focused

  Life can be crazy and take the maddest of turns, reality can flip 2x in the blink of an eye and heart beat. So we have to make sure we enjoy it, experience it, stay prepared for it or staying ahead. If you want to design your own future keep reading! Today’s blog will be around sinking funds and an update where I am with my sinking funds. At the start of the year I believe I mentioned it in one of my blogs that I wanted to start taking finances alot my seriously, and that meant being more serious with my hard earned money and putting it towards experiences, and things that align with my values. I was a ‘I enjoy capitalism baby and I loved splurging all of my money on makeup, clothes and shoes. When I quickly came to realise primarily during Covid that this isn't it, this can not be my life!  This was when i came across this verse of the bible;  James 4:4 You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who ...