Skip to main content

Quiet Quitting And It's Public Appearance. Why I’m So Here For It! It’s About Time You Act Your Wage ๐Ÿ‘€

 


Respectfully, this “movement” or way of thinking for a lot more people has very much impressed me and I am delighted that it is in the public eye more.


It is nothing more than “healthy boundaries” and having a work-life balance, something any decent or original company should ensure exists. We need boundaries to protect ourselves.


Before and during the Covid pandemic in 2020, I was working a retail job, this was all throughout my studies. 


Here’s my story ๐Ÿ‘


Though the pandemic made me realise many things about myself, the type of life I want to start manifesting, my craft and balancing my work life.


I went back to a lot more stress than ever, there was way more you had to do, dealing with negative, inhumanly  attitudes daily as well as bullying through management was exhausting for me. Feeling overwhelmed and broken, that's when I knew I've been neglecting myself here, I wasn't appreciated, just replaceable. 


The overtime I was putting into a business that had no idea I existed, enjoyed the fruits of my labour, whilst I hated it. The maths isn't math-ing and I knew that place didn't deserve me or my work ethic. Not to mention briefly, the cost of living crisis, low pay rates whilst everything soars we see a huge, depressing and stagnant way of life. 


Key takeaways ❤️


Thinking outside the box on me as a person, what have I got god going on right now? What skills would I love to learn and develop? Really escalated my next move to manifesting my dream life.


The fact that it has to take a life-threatening pandemic to tell us how shockingly toxic workplaces are is disturbing. We should’ve figured out better, efficient work environments by now.


Present times, 2022 the tiktok sensational movement approved & modelled by Gen Z has taken a storm upon us all, and I'm here for it. 

The idea of slowly withdrawing from overworking has gone viral.


Now it would be wrong for me to say it is not a decade-long phenomenon. It’s typically revamped every now and then with some new shiny gift paper to make us lose sight of how ancient the fight against labour exploitation is.


“New year new me”, same sh*t, different day sort of thing.

This ‘quiet quitting’ has actually been happening for decades, however its modern and latest popularity says a lot about workplace environments & work now. 



Entering my soft girl era, all about that soft life ๐Ÿ’†๐Ÿฝ


The Soft Girl era is adapting to the natural flow in your feminine energy, unapologetically. Being intentional about your safe space ~ this is where you can be delicate in an environment where you can grow.


Though this may look different to everyone, simply I want all the love I attract, peace and happiness. I will not deal with anything, or anyone that brings a negative frequency around me. I believe it’s important to decode which is the alternative to the decolonization of the strong black woman syndrome.


Enjoying the little life I have outside of work is much more meaningful to me. By dedicating and radiating positive energy into our lives and spare time out of work, it makes it easier for us to appreciate the little things around us, live in the moment and improve well-being.


✨Quiet quitting is simply redrawing boundaries back to the job description. Truth is we don't want to be thinking about work 24/7. ✨



Final thoughts๐Ÿ—ฃ

As much as Covid being a curse, it was also a blessing just as much in the long term, especially when it comes to reflecting and questioning things. 

People are terrified of going against the norm and if it holds them back, it will do so to you too.


I’d love to hear your thoughts! 


Do you believe quiet-quitting is a good or bad thing? How have you benefited from it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifting is the new black, sharing is caring, reusing is soothing ๐Ÿ’• Fast fashion says alot about your mindset๐Ÿ‘€

As a child, you know that first hand embarrassment you get when your mum drags you to the charity shops or market straight after school, just in case you saw any of your friends and got labelled negatively. From then I had such a negative connotation of second hand clothes and thought negatively about myself at the time too, I was a teenager and I hadn't learnt that lesson. As a young beautiful adult, I now take pride in sharing clothes, passing them down and visiting markets and charity stores. My family have been doing so for decades upon decades and I feel grateful to have this mindset and belief that thrifting is the new black and it is here to stay. Therefore, nothing is entirely wrong with charity shopping, thrifting, purchasing second hand clothes.  In fact, I believe it shows us the kind of mindsets we have going around. Its worrying actually, it has a sense of being careless, soulless, empty. I'm not here to blame, but from outside the box I can say that the social con...

Healthy, progressive and efficient language learning methods for overall self-development.

  Consider learning a second language for your own personal benefit, but make it fun. Gorgeous gorgeous girls expand their knowledge, find new ways to assert themselves, study, implement new and disciplined routines. If you’re that girl who loves culture, language and people this blog is for you ❤️ Whether it’s occurring from an academic perspective, trying to expand your education, or from a more creative perspective of testing yourselves, one of the top reasons to learn a language is for self-development. Nowadays, having another language gives you a much wider pool of opportunity. You could work with an international company, clients, or even get a base in another country. Without further ado .. ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿฝ My tips for a language learning study plan Immersion is arguably the most effective way to learn a language. You should surround yourself with the language and listen to it, as much as you can. Immersion-based learning is indeed the most natural way to pick up new words, phrases, a...

Let’s Talk Sinking Funds – Staying True To Your Goals + Staying Focused

  Life can be crazy and take the maddest of turns, reality can flip 2x in the blink of an eye and heart beat. So we have to make sure we enjoy it, experience it, stay prepared for it or staying ahead. If you want to design your own future keep reading! Today’s blog will be around sinking funds and an update where I am with my sinking funds. At the start of the year I believe I mentioned it in one of my blogs that I wanted to start taking finances alot my seriously, and that meant being more serious with my hard earned money and putting it towards experiences, and things that align with my values. I was a ‘I enjoy capitalism baby and I loved splurging all of my money on makeup, clothes and shoes. When I quickly came to realise primarily during Covid that this isn't it, this can not be my life!  This was when i came across this verse of the bible;  James 4:4 You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who ...