Skip to main content

Let's Talk About Digital Minimalism. Detoxing your ego for a happier and focused life

 

Gorgeous Girls Prioritise Digital Minimalism. Detoxing your ego for a happier and focused life.

Does it really work? 

Why of course! 

I endorse ✨✨

I would be crazy if I told you to completely ditch your phone and social media right 👀. How about we apply some discipline because that’s what gorgeous girls do. 👭 “turn it off or turn it down”✨

Getting rid of technology doesn't have to be a long-term commitment. If you feel comfortable doing a digital detox for 24 hours to 1 week, you can do it. Of course, adjust accordingly if you want to go even deeper.

To those that are new here, heyy 💕

Start digital detoxing love, let’s :

  • reaffix with the world around you....

  • reconnect with the people around you, those who align with your spiritual and intellect

  • discover new hobbies

  • sleep better

  • take some time for yourself

  • break the cycle

  • improve your attention span

  • improve your health

  • Avoid burnout & comparison

  • Focus on your life & values

Social media is an issue, period.


So much screen time puts us in low moods, stresses us out. A digital detox may release the pressure of constant connection from our devices.

The biggest problem many face when it comes to social media, especially Instagram is the constant comparison of others, from clothes, language and lifestyle.

✨Comparison kills personality✨, and the day I realised this, I found it easy to move forward towards digital detoxing.

Social media seems like such a job or task these days, it’s not fun anymore and to be fair, I believe it’s becoming rinsed out or burnt out if you must. This is the perfect time to start a digital detox journey.

A lot of people depend on friends looking at their social media to stay in touch, however if you’re looking to start detoxing practice reaching out to people instead, staying in touch with those that matter to you and share the same values.

You will find that you are not actively looking for comparison or validation online.

Basic practices for digital minimalism⏱



Keeping in mind nothing comes easy, take your time with yourself😊

✨Using an old phone with old software✨ well hey this can help you stay committed to applications that aren’t social media, such as the weather, photos, emails, podcasts. Apple software requires users to be updated to use or download certain apps. This practice will essentially cut down your screen time.

😭Delete all your apps and use the web version😭 this is a complex one, but no fear 😏.. sounds so 2000 but you have to do what you have to do babe. The web version of Instagram has no ads and I find that useful in blocking external influences.

⏱Set timers when on certain applications⏱. 30 minutes is my ideal time to go, you’d be surprised at home much can be done. If you’re new do start small, 15 minutes screen time or for those who like a challenge, do what you need to do.

💆🏽Consistent journaling💆🏽 If you're detoxing, you might also want to consider journaling to help you cope with the anxiety you may be feeling while you're offline, since FOMO (fear of missing out) is very prevalent in our generation.

🏋🏽‍♀️Create a fitness routine, prioritise your health🏋🏽‍♀️ Schedules hold you accountable and empower you to plan ahead, so staying focused on your goals is easier. As a tangible act of service to your mind, body, and soul, scheduling a daily training session can serve as an act of self-care.

👁Discover a new hobby👁 In addition to taking the stress out of our daily lives, hobbies also allow us to spend time on ourselves. Hobby choices can be based on many factors. Some can be fun, while others can help you develop new habits, learn something new, or just expand your horizons. 

This is slept on hugely, once you find a hobby and feel confident enough, enrol to a class and expand your social life.



Digital minimalism check in prompts:

Was there any specific content that you consumed about the subject that influenced your decision? 

What tactics did you use to stay committed to staying off social media?

What have been some of the benefits you’ve seen?

How did quitting social media negatively affect your life?

Could you see yourself permanently deleting 2-3 social apps?


Social media & work

Whilst I understand that many of us need social media for our jobs or to make money, it’s important to have a detox routine in check so when the time does come, you know what you have to do. 

For fellow social media managers, influencers I believe the best tactic is to set timers for your apps. The same way you schedule posts, captions and provide management, this can be applied to how to enforce digital minimalism too. 

This is a great start to help your mind become aware of the digital situation or where you may be down spiralling.

It may take some time for you to come up with a routine that works for you but don’t give up. Cut corners, think of ways that your digital consumption can provide value to your life. 

Podcasts have been my favourite lately. With the right channels and speakers I find myself in present moment and view it as having a mentor whilst getting my sh*t together. 


Final thoughts 

My most important point I would like you to leave with is to be aware that you’re about to waste time on social media and you won’t even know it because you’re in a trance. Unless you set intentional goals, acts of discipline and boundaries you won't have much of a problem. That's the thing with social media its like entering a game or playground. Life isnt a playground, there's REAL sh*it happening out there. Let's keep out heads in the REAL game.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifting is the new black, sharing is caring, reusing is soothing 💕 Fast fashion says alot about your mindset👀

As a child, you know that first hand embarrassment you get when your mum drags you to the charity shops or market straight after school, just in case you saw any of your friends and got labelled negatively. From then I had such a negative connotation of second hand clothes and thought negatively about myself at the time too, I was a teenager and I hadn't learnt that lesson. As a young beautiful adult, I now take pride in sharing clothes, passing them down and visiting markets and charity stores. My family have been doing so for decades upon decades and I feel grateful to have this mindset and belief that thrifting is the new black and it is here to stay. Therefore, nothing is entirely wrong with charity shopping, thrifting, purchasing second hand clothes.  In fact, I believe it shows us the kind of mindsets we have going around. Its worrying actually, it has a sense of being careless, soulless, empty. I'm not here to blame, but from outside the box I can say that the social con...

Healthy, progressive and efficient language learning methods for overall self-development.

  Consider learning a second language for your own personal benefit, but make it fun. Gorgeous gorgeous girls expand their knowledge, find new ways to assert themselves, study, implement new and disciplined routines. If you’re that girl who loves culture, language and people this blog is for you ❤️ Whether it’s occurring from an academic perspective, trying to expand your education, or from a more creative perspective of testing yourselves, one of the top reasons to learn a language is for self-development. Nowadays, having another language gives you a much wider pool of opportunity. You could work with an international company, clients, or even get a base in another country. Without further ado .. 💁🏽 My tips for a language learning study plan Immersion is arguably the most effective way to learn a language. You should surround yourself with the language and listen to it, as much as you can. Immersion-based learning is indeed the most natural way to pick up new words, phrases, a...

Let’s Talk Sinking Funds – Staying True To Your Goals + Staying Focused

  Life can be crazy and take the maddest of turns, reality can flip 2x in the blink of an eye and heart beat. So we have to make sure we enjoy it, experience it, stay prepared for it or staying ahead. If you want to design your own future keep reading! Today’s blog will be around sinking funds and an update where I am with my sinking funds. At the start of the year I believe I mentioned it in one of my blogs that I wanted to start taking finances alot my seriously, and that meant being more serious with my hard earned money and putting it towards experiences, and things that align with my values. I was a ‘I enjoy capitalism baby and I loved splurging all of my money on makeup, clothes and shoes. When I quickly came to realise primarily during Covid that this isn't it, this can not be my life!  This was when i came across this verse of the bible;  James 4:4 You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who ...